If there is one field that is prevalent in this country, then it’s Engineering. It is considered to be a lucrative field, and it surely is. If you can perform well, then you will be able to get placed with high salaries in reputed companies. But what will happen once you get placed? You will still have to keep up with all the changes going in the engineering world and how it will or can affect the organization you are working for?
This is something that people aren’t prepared for. They don’t understand as the decades have gone by engineering as a subject and the broad field has been changing as well. This is felt the most when one enters the work market. But this certainly hasn’t affected the demand for engineering in any way. The latest in this field, which one needs to be aware of is ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition.
What is this ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition?
More often than not, to accommodate this change, organizations invest in training their employees. ITIL refers to IT Infrastructure-Library. It is a framework that details the best practices when it comes to carrying out IT services. There are many levels to this training. Once the ITIL v3 is done, it comes ITIL 4. This is an essential module because it is from here that the expert module starts, the before stages help in building the foundation.
ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition course can be termed as a bridge module. If you have at least 17 credits in the previous ITIL-v3 course, then you will be eligible for this course. People who are IT architects, IT managers, operations managers, system administrators, database administrators, part of development teams, quality analysts, and such will benefit from this training course.
To complete this module, you need to take a 5 to the 7-day workshop. But you can complete it in quite a short period too. Then you will be able to run ITIL 4.
Benefits of ITIL 4
- The Processes which were seen in ITIL v3 can now be seen in ITIL 4 as Practices. The change means that Practices are now a more updated version. By updated, it means that Practices are currently more flexible. It ensures that organizations function more holistically. Some of the significant Practices are general management, technical management, and service management.
- Continuing from the previous point, the holistic approach which organizations can engage in as a result of ITIL 4 Practices includes 4-dimensions. These are people and organizations, technology and information, suppliers and partners, and processes and partners. All of the 4-dimensions are inter-connected with each other. There needs to be two-way communication between the two players mentioned in each pairing for the organization to work.
- ITIL 4 focuses not just on the organizations but also on individual practices. This ensures that the guiding principles can be adapted to suit different organizational environments. The different parts that are focused on our values, resources, feedback, collaboration, holistic work, and simplicity. Know that all these dimensions also have to work together to give rise to a prosperous organization.
- ITIL 4 is also able to align and adapt to all the new technologies that are used. Whether it is AI, robotics, nanotechnology, quantum technology, or something else, ITIL 4 helps organizations in adapting to it. As such, it is a process that will be beneficial for the future.
How to Train for ITIL 4?
Engineering is changing, and one needs to keep up with it. ITIL 4 is the latest course which will help you remain ahead of the curve. Of course, you need to enter into a program for that but before choosing one, make sure that:
- The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition course should ensure a holistic approach. The ITIL course should help you get the necessary and latest skills to carry out IT system-management.
- There must be one simulation at least to help you understand the entire topic better. Also, ensure that there are simulation tests too so that you can self assess your performance.
- Make sure that wherever you are taking the course, you get support and all-round assistance regarding it.
- The course must also have transitional training. Make sure that it is of the latest ITIL version so that you keep updated with the latest achievements and improvements.
- The course must teach you about building service-value, service-value chain activities, fostering stakeholder relationships, change management, and more.
Career Benefits of Pursuing ITIL 4
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition course will help you get a very lucrative career path as well. Here are some examples:
- As a Solution Architect, you will be able to earn a minimum of ₹951K and a maximum of ₹3,289K on an annual basis. So on average, you will be able to get ₹1,987K annually.
- As a System Administrator, you will be able to earn a minimum salary of ₹227K and a maximum salary of ₹924K annually. On average, you will be able to earn ₹419K annually.
- As an ITSM Manager, you will be able to earn a minimum salary of ₹458K and ₹2,083K annually. On average, you will be able to earn ₹713K annually.
- As a Delivery Manager, you will be able to earn a minimum of ₹563K and a maximum of ₹2,721K annually. On average, you will be able to earn ₹1,701K annually.
To Sum Up
Investing in ITIL 4 managing professional transition course will help you in the long run by keeping you updated about all the latest IT practices. This course will keep you ahead of the curve and ensure you know all the particulars of what you are getting into. It will also teach about a holistic organizational approach and how that works with a well-rounded individual approach. As such, if you head a team or are a part of managing one, then you will be able to work together better with others. It will result in better productivity and employee satisfaction. By investing around a week for this course, you will benefit a lot and can even move up in your career.